Available via your practice website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is a new more convenient way to contact us and get medical advice. Unless you name a specific doctor (who may not be there that day) we guarantee a response by the end of the next working day.
eConsult service lets you
- request advice and treatment from your practice online
- Get self-help advice for hundreds of common conditions
A free, confidential, NHS service for to people aged 18+. They provide a service across the county of Dorset and in Southampton for people registered at either a Dorset or Southampton GP surgery. As an IAPT service they accept self-referrals by web and telephone.
Not sure if your problem is best seen at the surgery, pharmacy, ambulance or A&E? For adults NHS Inform will help you.
It can be extremely stressful when your child is unwell. We know that there is a huge amount of information available at your fingertips, but finding something that provides clear and accurate information is not always easy!
The resources on the Healthier Together website have been developed in partnership between parents and healthcare professionals from across Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. You'll find clear information on common childhood illnesses, including advice on what 'red-flag' signs to look out for, where to seek help if required, what you should do to keep your child comfortable and how long your child's symptoms are likely to last
Your complete guide to conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and when to get help. A full directory of services is also available.
With the NHS App you can:
- check your symptoms – find reliable NHS information on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get immediate advice
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medications and request a new repeat prescription
- view your medical record – get secure access to your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor – easily manage your preferences on the NHS Organ Donor Register
- choose how the NHS uses your data – register your decision on whether it can be used for research and planning
If you require urgent treatment, WaitLess provides all the information you need about health services for non-life-threatening emergencies. It helps you find the quickest access to the best care as it combines current waiting times at all urgent care centres – drawn from the official NHS system – with up-to-the-minute travel information, helping you to decide which urgent care centre to head to for faster treatment for minor injuries. (The info describes this as available in Kent, it is now LIVE in Dorset, give it a go!).
Advice, tips and tools to help you make the best choices about your health and wellbeing.
If you would like information and support with the following, you can self-refer.
- Stop Smoking
- Weight Management
- Physical Activity
- Alcohol Reduction